Kolomya

• Bart

Hallo,

Deze zomer zou ik graag naar Kolomya gaan.Weet iemand of er daar hotels of andere slaapplaatsen zijn?Heb daar een kennis wonen maar kan niet bij hen verblijven.dank bij voorbaat.

• Jaap

Heb het volgende voor je gevonden, wellicht heb je er wat aan?

Posted by R.J.'s Tours Ltd on May 11, 2000 at 09:48:40:

In Reply to: Kolomya posted by Jerry Hochman on May 10, 2000 at 12:09:45:

I visit Kolomeya at least twice a year and find it to be one of the friendliest places in Ukraine. They have an interesting Hutsal Museum there and also a very good “Artisan factory” as they call it that produces Ukrainian blouses, shirts, Pysanky and a whole lot more. The Ukrainian spoken there is as close to pure as you can get.

One of the stories relating to the name of the town is that wagons carrying salt use to cross the river to wash their wheels and hence the name Kolomeya “Kolasa May-oot” washing the wheels.

It is not terribly far from Chernivtsi and that is where I would suggest you stay as I don't think there are any good hotels in Kolomeya, I say that because I have never overnighted in Kolomeya. In Chernivtsi you could stay at the Cheremosh Hotel. Kolomeya is even close to Ivano-Frankivsk, and here you could stay at the Roxolana Hotel. Cab rides to Kolomeya are not that expensive.

If I can be of any further assistance please contact me.

Robert J. Tomkins

R.J.'s Tours Ltd

http://www.tourukraine.com

M.v.g. Jaap

• Bart

Dank u wel Jaap.Daarmee ben ik al een heel eind geholpen